Monday, January 10, 2011

Coding Your Way to a Job

Click on the image to see full-view

Okay, so this isn't exactly a typical inspiration.  But I absolutely fell in love with this job posting from New York Magazine.  It may or may not be there when you read this, hopefully it will be.

The reason why I love it is because it brings in the programming aspect of the job and turns it into a sort of easy-to-read summary of what's required for a software engineer and digging deeper than just the typical "let's list everything out".  I believe being able to be creative in describing what a candidate needs for the position also intrigues the person more to work for them.

Also, I may do something similar with my resume.  But yet again, it may be too hard for the typical person to read.  We'll see though.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment